Posts tagged 16
I’ve always wanted to join in with a blogger swap, but on the odd occasion that I’ve stumbled across one the price limit has always been a little bit too much for my meagre student budget. So, considering Bewitchery believes that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get something good, I thought I would organise a Budget Beauty Blogger Swap, so that we can share our favourite budget beauty brands with our fellow beauty bloggers from around the world!
Here’s how it will work…
*The budget for this swap is £10/$16/€12 excluding postage, and is open to beauty bloggers in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Europe*
- If you’re a beauty blogger from one of the above places and would like to join in, please comment below to let me know, including your name, blog and email address. Alternatively, if you want to keep your email address private, leave it out of your comment and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After a week or so, or when I feel enough people want to join in, I will pair everyone up and give your partner your email address. I will try to pair everyone with a person from a different country, so that you both have the chance to try different products and brands to the ones you can buy at home.
- Once you have your partner’s contact details, it is up to you to get in touch with them and exchange postal addresses. It might also be a good idea to tell each other your colour preferences and what types of products you like and dislike, to ensure that your partner can choose products that are suitable for you.
- It’s then time to shop – I hope you all have fun choosing budget beauty products for your partner!
- Once you have put together a nice little collection of products, package them up and pop them in the post to you partner (if sending abroad you may need to declare what’s in the parcel, so make sure you know the guidelines of the country you’re sending to). Please obtain proof of postage when posting and email an image of it to your partner, just to prove that it’s on its way. Then wait!
- When you’ve received your parcel, please blog about what you’ve been sent and then link me to it so I can share everyone’s posts.
To make sure the swap runs smoothly, please only join in if you genuinely intend to send out a package, and please spend the full amount of the budget! It’d also be nice if everyone could have their parcels posted within 2 or 3 weeks, if possible.
I hope you all think this is a great idea. I’m really looking forward to swapping with someone and I hope a lot of you will join me!
Disclaimer: I am organising the swap, but once I put people in touch with their partners I cannot be responsible for anything that goes wrong, so please play fair!
First off, I would like to wish my sister, Freya, a very Happy Birthday! Today she turns 21, an important age, but she’ll still always be my baby sister, wanting all my things. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREYA!!
Now, down to business… Today I opened the door of Day 18 on my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar, which means it’s time for another weekly round-up! This post will feature Day 13 up to Day 18, and I have swatches of all but one of the Paint Pots this time. I must admit, my feelings were mixed this week. There were a couple that I really liked, and one or two that I wasn’t keen on at all, but you can’t win them all as they say!
Day 13 – Glass Slipper and Day 14 – Speed Dial
On Day 13 I opened the door to Glass Slipper, a lovely blue glitter polish, and the first of the calendar’s three exclusive shades. The glitter is very fine and beautiful, and doesn’t feel too rough in texture, but it isn’t really dense enough to wear on its own (unless you’re willing to apply 3+ coats). It works perfectly as a top coat however, and is surprisingly easy to remove for a glitter.
Speed Dial is an unusual shade – it looks bright orange in the bottle, but I found it applies somewhere between a red and an orange. It is more orange in real life than it looks in the photo above though. I just can’t quite decide whether I like it or not! It definitely doesn’t look that good with Glass Slipper over the top, but with the right outfit I can see it working. Not one of my favourites, but not bad. It applied evenly and has a creamy formula at least!
Day 15 – Headliner
Headliner is my absolute favourite this week… I seem to have a thing for blues at the minute! It is a dark turquoise blue shade with a stunning creme finish and I love it! As you’d expect, the formula is great and, quite impressively, it only takes one coat to achieve a completely opaque finish (the photo above show two coats, however). Headliner got me a lot of compliments when I wore it, and without a doubt I’ll be wearing this one a lot!
Day 16 – Big Yellow Taxi
Ick, I’m not liking Big Yellow Taxi. I initially thought this looked okay as it appeared quite a creamy banana yellow in the bottle, but when I applied it I was soon disappointed. It has a really strange gloopy formula, so it went on very streaky, and no number of coats seemed to be able to even the finish out. The yellow shade is slightly too bright, and in all honestly it looks like tippex coloured in with yellow highlighter pen – not pretty! On the plus side, it doesn’t leave any stains behind at all. I don’t think I have the skin tone to pull this off, but it would probably look great against darker skin… I may use it for Batman nail art though!
Day 17 – Power Dressing
I haven’t tried Power Dressing yet so I can’t comment much on the formula and colour, but in the bottle it looks like a classic deep navy blue, and I imagine it will have a lovely shiny finish. I’m looking forward to using this!
Day 18 – Candy Shop Caviar Pearls
Candy Shop is the third out of four bottles of Caviar Pearls in the calendar, and so far they are my favourite. The beads are very small and coloured in three shades – turquoise blue, pink and orange. As with the other pearls that I have tried, these are very easy to apply (just pour over a wet nail, press down, and leave to set for 15 minutes), and look really striking against a bright varnish. The purple shade I chose to pair the pearls with is actually Cabaret, one of the shades I didn’t swatch in Part 1, so now you can see what it looks like.
So there you go, a mixed bag of mostly brights this week. Which is your favourite? Please vote below! Check back for Part 4 next Monday, on Christmas Eve, and if you want to see the previous shades in the Ciate Mini Mani Month, they are swatched in my Part 1 and Part 2 posts.