Posts tagged Science
Firstly, I’d like to apologise for not announcing the winner of my Eclectic Eccentricity giveaway sooner. The giveaway closed last Friday, but I’ve had such a hectic week it just slipped my mind! However, the time has finally come for me to announce the lucky winner of a You’re On My Wavelength Einstein Necklace, so without further ado, the winner is entry number 25, which belongs to…
Congratulations Chrissie! Please email your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will post your prize out to you as soon as possible.
As usual, thank you so much to everyone who entered, and thank you to Eclectic Eccentricity for providing the prize.
Check back soon for another giveaway!
After the success of my last giveaway a couple of months ago, I thought it was about time I ran another! This time, the prize is this quirky You’re On My Wavelength Einstein necklace, from unique British jewellery brand Eclectic Eccentricity. The necklace features a gold toned geometric frequency wavelength, and a teeny tiny, but very detailed, figure of Einstein, on a gold plated 18″ chain. It also comes packaged in a cute little gift box, and is worth £16.50.
To enter, all you have to do is follow the steps in the Rafflecopter form below. It is mandatory to become an email subscriber or WordPress follower, and to leave a comment on this post, and then you have the option to earn extra entries, via Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin’, and Instagram.
The giveaway will be open for two weeks, and will close at midnight GMT on Thursday 24th July. The giveaway is open internationally to those aged 18 or over, and all entries will be verified. A winner will be chosen at random via Rafflecopter on Friday 25th July and will be contacted via email the same day, so please use a valid email address when subscribing. The winner will then have 48 hours to claim their prize, and if they don’t another winner will be chosen.
Oh, and you can also check out how I styled the necklace myself by clicking here!
Good luck and thank you for entering!
My summer wardrobe is usually full of bright florals, but this year I’ve really been embracing basics, and sticking to my favourite polka dots and stripes. Most of my new summer purchases are black, white, and grey, which may sound drab, but I like to add a splash of colour here or there with a bold statement piece or a pastel bright, and a quirky item of jewellery. Today’s outfit is the epitome of that, and combines a cute black skater skirt from H&M, with a simple stretch tee from Primark. I wanted to wear this outfit without tights, but unfortunately it wasn’t that warm today, and there was a bit of a breeze!
To finish the outfit, and add a bit of interest, I wore my Alexander McQueen sunglasses, which I love, love, love and have been teaming with everything this season (look out for a special McQ style post coming soon), and this amazingly cool necklace from Eclectic Eccentricity.
Eclectic Eccentricity is a British brand who specialise in creating quirky pieces from vintage components. Their pieces are all so unique and unusual, and I have a wishlist as long as my arm of items from their website! This necklace is their You’re On My Wavelength Einstein necklace, which features a gold toned geometric frequency wavelength, and a teeny tiny, but very detailed, figure of Einstein. Who knew he could be so cute?! I’m a big science fan, so this necklace is right up my street, and it’s definitely a talking point. I love how it hangs as well and it sits perfectly, just where I want it. You can grab your own here for £16.50.
What do you think? Would you wear this necklace?
*This You’re On My Wavelength Einstein Necklace was sent to me by Eclectic Eccentricity for styling purposes. All opinions expressed are honest and my own.*
In honour of the forthcoming weekend I thought I’d give myself a day off from reviewing and post something a little bit different and fun today. I saw this tag post over at Nocturnal Beauty, and being the scholar that I am I thought I would give it a go. So, without further ado, here are my answers.
1. Favourite Book
2. Favourite Quotation?
3. English or Maths?
4. Science or Art?
5. 5 musical artists that changed your life?
1. Foo Fighters
– I’ve been a Foos fan since the late 90s, and I have been lucky enough to see them live twice. The last time I saw them was in Milton Keynes last July with my partner, and when they sang my favourite song, Everlong, with fireworks going off in the background, on a warm, breezy Summer night, I felt elated. The moment was just perfect and will stay with me forever.
2. Kate Bush
– For some unknown reason, I have never been much of a fan of female vocals, with the exception of Kate Bush. When I was about four I used to put my mum’s Kate Bush vinyl records on and dance around, and I really think Kate Bush’s songs helped to shape who I am today. I love her quirky personality, and I think it rubbed off on me a little bit through her music.
– I remember sitting in the back of my dad’s car when I was very small, windows down, sun out, Oasis playing very loud. When I think back to the music I was brought up with, Oasis played a big part in shaping my musical tastes. They were one of my dad’s favourite bands and in time they came to mean a lot to me too. In 2009 I was lucky enough to see them live, with my dad, a few weeks before they split up and I’m so pleased I got to see them!
4. Mike Oldfield
– Mike Oldfield is, in my eyes, a musical genius and Tubular Bells III is my favourite composition. It gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it, and Far Above The Clouds even makes me cry… Not many songs can do that!
5. Depeche Mode, T.Rex and Pink Floyd
– I’m cheating on this one, but all three of these bands have had a massive impact on me at various stages in my life. My favourite songs when I was a baby were by Depeche Mode, and T.Rex and Pink Floyd both opened my eyes when I was younger to a wider variety of music.
6. Favourite and least favourite subject at school?
7. Favourite celeb with a brain?
8. If you could study anything anywhere, what would it be?
9. What is your ‘nerdy little secret’?
10. Favourite beauty gurus who you admire for more than their love for beauty/fashion?
11. If your channel couldn’t focus on beauty/fashion, what would it be?
12. Name some things that you’re obsessed with that other people would find strange.
13. Name 5 people who inspire you (not friends or family)
1. Dave Grohl, because I admire his confidence, humour and outlook on music.
2. Kate Bush, because she’s a strong, successful woman and remains true to herself.
3. Jonnie Peacock, because last night he won gold in the Paralympics Men’s 100m final for Team GB, and I admire him for not letting his ‘disability’ stop him achieving highly.
4. Wynn Bullock, because his outstanding black and white film photography inspires me to be the best photographer I can be.
5. Vladimir Nabokov, because he wrote what I think is the best opening chapter of any book ever.
14. Who is your intellectual soulmate?
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers! Please feel free to do this tag yourself if you feel like it. Let me know if you do