Posts tagged Purchases
I didn’t spend a lot of money this week but I still seem to have accumulated quite a lot of ‘stuff’. So, I thought I would share some of my bargain finds and little treats with you in a collective haul post!
I spent hours in town this week but I didn’t come away with much at all. I bought a hoodie, but I took it back the next day as it didn’t suit me. I also went to both Superdrug stores in Leicester, twice, to look for MUA’s new Nail Varnish shade ‘Frozen Yoghurt’, but neither had it I must keep looking! My shopping trips weren’t completely unsuccessful though. I repurchased a couple of essentials, namely a duo pack of wipes from Primark for £1 and my favourite budget Face Powder by MUA for £1, and I also picked up some NYC Nail Polish in ‘High Line Green’ (which I’ve already reviewed here), and a 10x magnifying cosmetic mirror for just 49p!
Whilst in town I also picked up this Team GB scarf from NEXT for just £5. I absolutely adore this scarf as it has such a special meaning behind it – all the illustrations in the background symbolise different things, including our Olympic Athletes, their supporters and all the Olympic sports. All profits from this scarf (and the bigger £10 scarves) go to the British Olympic Association which is a very worthy cause. I bought it to show my support for Team GB, and after yesterday’s performance I am very keen to show it off! Did you see Team GB win their SIX golds yesterday, including three in Athletics? So inspiring! All of our athletes make me so proud.
My Avon order arrived this week too. I repurchased my favourite Mango and Ginger Shampoo, but everything else is new to me. The Skin So Soft Body Cream contains Argan Oil and I can’t wait to try it. The make up bag, ANEW sample, nail varnish and lipstick that you can see were all free, and the beautiful ring trio cost just 85p! As an Avon Rep, I get a preview brochure for each campaign, which also contains sale items (which is where I ordered the rings from). The Cuticle Oil Pen that you can see was from the preview brochure and cost £2.10. It will be available for everyone else to buy in Brochure 16
This free sample bottle of Estee Lauder Perfectionist Serum arrived in the post yesterday. I don’t actually remember sending off for it, but I think I signed up for it via a form on their Facebook page. I’m looking forward to trying it out anyway! I also got a big package of PR samples in the post, but they’re remaining top-secret for now 😉
These are one of my favourite finds of the week… I love cooking, I love Jamie Oliver, I love books and I love thrifting. Combine these things and you have a mission to find Jamie Oliver recipe books in charity shops and at car boot sales. For months and months my Mum and I have been searching but have found nothing – until today! I got a text from my mum this morning whilst she was at a car boot sale to say that she’d FINALLY found me a Jamie Oliver book, and a couple of minutes later she found another 😀 As you can imagine, I was very pleased indeed. My mum bought both books for me for just £1 each – BARGAIN.
And of course, what would a week be without some CHOCOLATE!
What did you buy this week?
Hello lovely readers!
The folks over at MUA recently hit 20,000 ‘likes’ on their Facebook page (congratulations guys!), and as a treat for their fans they have released a voucher code to receive an Immaculate Collection Palette (worth £8) FREE with any order!! I couldn’t pass up an offer to get 24 beautiful eye shadows for free, so my mum and I placed an order straight away and it finally arrived this morning 😀
My mum was very pleased with her lipstick and nail varnish, and this is what I got…
From Left to Right:
- Lipstick in ‘Shade 2′ – £1.00
- Love Heart Lip Balm in ‘Hot Lips’ – £2.00
- Eye Dust in ‘Shade 2′ – £1.00
- Nail Varnish in ‘Shade 3′ – £1.00
- Hide and Conceal Cover Up Stick in ‘Light’ – £1.00
- Immaculate Collection Palette – FREE!!!!
For £6 (plus £2.95 postage) I am SO pleased with this order. MUA products are such great quality for the price and I can’t wait to test everything out. I’ve already tried the lipstick and it is lovely and creamy, and the nail varnish is gorgeous. Here’s a sneak peak…
If you want to place an order and get a free palette for yourself, head over to MUA’s Facebook page and give them a ‘like’ to get the code. Then visit MUA’s website, choose your items, add the palette to your basket and enter the code at the checkout. They ship worldwide too!
Look out for reviews of these products coming soon!
I’ve been on a bit of a spending ban lately (mainly out of necessity!) but I’ve still managed to acquire quite a few bits and bobs! Admittedly, most of them have been freebies… They seem to be coming at me from all angles at the minute and, hey, I’m not complaining 😀 Here are some pictures of all my new stuff…
- Being one of my absolute essentials, I bought a couple more pots of Avon Care Renewing Moisture Firming Face Cream as they were on offer for 99p to all Reps!
- The Lip Gloss is from the Glazewear Sparkle range, in the amazing purple shade of ‘Violetta Sparkle’. This was in the clearance section for just £2.00 and I am SO disappointed that it has been discontinued as it is gorgeous. I don’t usually wear dark lip colours but this looks really lovely on, lasts for ages and moisturises your lips nicely. It is full of micro-glitter too for added twinkle!
- The foundation is Avon’s Ideal Shade Cream to Powder Foundation in ‘Ivory’. I already have this a shade darker but I have quite a pale complexion so this is more suited to my skin.
- The little tube on the end is my go-to concealer, Colortrend Perfect and Hide Concealer in ‘Light’.
- The Dermatological Cotton Gloves were £1.85 from eBay. I’m trying my damn hardest to sort out the dry skin on my hands and these will be my next experiment!
- The Star Gazer Nail Varnishin the middle was a little present from my dad whilst we were out shopping yesterday. It was £1.25 from a local hippy shop, and is black with silver glitter. I have swatched this and will be reviewing it tomorrow!
- Again, I bought the Vaseline Healthy Hand & Nail Conditioning Lotion in order to sort out my hands and nails. It was £2.62 in Wilkinsons, which is a lot cheaper than anywhere else! Also, the small 50ml tube of this was £2.48 so you’re getting a bargain for the price.
- I bought the Daisy Belts at the bottom of the photograph yesterday from New Look, and they were on offer… £3.00, down from £4.99. Bargain!
- I was handed a full sized packet of new Andrex Washlets in the local shopping centre recently. I then joined the Andrex Clean Campaign via Facebook and ended up winning 3 prizes! My Dirty Works Shower Gel and Kleenex Make Up Remover Wipes are yet to arrive, but the bottle of Fenjal Creme Bath Oil that you can see was one of my prizes
- The Decleor Aroma Cleanse with Cloth is my favourite freebie of recent weeks. To get one, all you had to do was share their link on Facebook and then email them your address. I did that and received the sample a couple of days later. The tube is a generously sized 15ml and I was surprised to receive the cloth too. Facebook really is the place for free stuff, it would seem!
- I was also sent a sample of Garnier’s BB Cream, a half sized tube ofSensodyne Rapid Relief anda 3 day trial of Nivea Q10 Pore Refining Day Cream. I’ve also been sent samples of other foundations, moisturisers and BB creams lately but I can’t find them at the minute!
I hope you’ve all had a great week!
This week I’ve treated myself to a few nice new things, all of them bargain buys as well which makes them all that little bit more awesome!
Today, from Superdrug, I bought a copy of Glamour magazine for £2 and MUA Pressed Powder in Shade 1 for £1. I don’t usually buy Glamour magazine, but the April issue comes with a free 100ml tube of a Percy & Reed hair product! There’s four to collect and in total they’re worth £43, making them £10.75 each – well worth the £2 I paid for the magazine! I went for the Moisturising Conditioner.
The Myleene Klass Nail Wraps were a snip at £2 (I bought them from someone on a forum who was selling them for her mum). I’ve been wanting to try nail wraps for a while so I couldn’t pass up the chance to get these!
I also bought three Rimmel Colour Rush Mono Eye Shadows in (from top to bottom) Tempted, Siren and Envy, which I’m really looking forward to trying out.
Yesterday, on eBay, I won a batch of 15 nail varnishes for just £6.10! They’re all new, swatched once or only used a couple of times, and there’s a mix of different brands including Models Own, Ruby & Millie, 17 Magnetic polish, Andrea Fullerton, Orly, Revlon and others. So excited about receiving them!
I’m going to review each of these products over the next few weeks so please check back soon to see what I have to say! What have you been buying lately?
Thanks for reading,