Posts tagged New Look
Today’s outfit is a lot more urban-inspired than I usually wear, and features a stylish statement piece from Jennifer Hope Clothing. Jennifer Hope Wheeler, a streetwear designer, started her range after leaving university and now sells her unisex clothing in Topshop’s flagship store in London, as well as in Topshop Bristol Cabot Circus, surf/skate/street store Two Seasons, and a couple of independent shops.
Jennifer Hope Denim Wolf Waistcoat / Jennifer Hope Hope Hat / Primark Long Sleeve Top / New Look Black Skinny Jeans / Dr Martens 1460 W Purple Shimmer Boots / Primark, Gifted Stackable Bracelets / Rings & Tings Long Bar Necklace
For the past few months I’ve been looking for a waistcoat to wear over simple tops, but finding one was proving difficult, so when I was sent this denim wolf waistcoat by Jennifer Hope I couldn’t wait to style it. I also received a Hope beanie hat, which is obviously perfect for this time of year. My partner and I spent this afternoon browsing the local shopping streets and going for an Autumn wander around the park, so something casual and warm seemed suitable, and the waistcoat and hat are definitely that.
The waistcoat is made from thick, high quality denim, and is scattered with a few rips and tears for a more edgy look. The back is what really makes a statement though, as it features an on-trend wolf print which is stitched onto the full length of the waistcoat. I love having unique pieces like this in my wardrobe as they add quirky detail to plain outfits, and look effortlessly good.
I teamed the waistcoat with a basic black long sleeve top from Primark, a pair of black skinny jeans from New Look, my favourite pair of Dr Martens and the Jennifer Hope beanie hat. I also added a simple necklace and a stack of bracelets for some extra detail.
To browse Jennifer Hope’s full range of clothing, you can visit her online shop here.
What do you think of this look?
*I was sent this Denim Wolf Waistcoat and Hope Beanie Hat by Jennifer Hope Clothing for styling purposes. All opinions expressed are honest and my own.*
Today’s post is the first in a series of features about Student Fashion Essentials, the rest of which will run throughout September. Whether you’re starting life as a student this year or are a university veteran, every student should have a few specific wardrobe essentials that will make your time at university that little bit easier, and a lot more fashionable! As I can vouch for, most students live on a tight budget, so you’ll be pleased to know that a lot of these fashion essentials are very kind on the bank account, but in my opinion it’s worth investing a fraction more of your student loan on some items, as if you buy quality you’ll save in the long run as you can avoid buying replacement after replacement.
So, without further ado, in no particular order, fashion essential number one is aimed at the ladies with beautiful ball dresses for a night out! For a lot of people a big part of university life is going out and having fun, and looking good whilst you do it. In my experience, the best place to go for these glam night out outfits is New Look, as their dresses are affordable, but also versatile and very good quality, so you can wear them time and time again with different accessories, in different situations, and you’ll always get complimented on how good you look.
Here are my picks from New Look’s current range of dresses, some of which are even in the sale!
Madame Rage Pink Floral Prom Dress – £30.00
Dark Green Sparkle Drape Sweetheart Strapless Dress – Was £34.99, Now £18.00
Vila Yellow Mirror Print Dress – Was £34.99, Now £18.00
Yumi Dotty Tunic Dress – Was £39.99, Now £27.99
You can view the rest of New Look’s range of dresses here.
Keep an eye out for the rest of my Student Fashion Essentials posts, coming soon!
*This post is a collaboration.*
I hope you’re all enjoying the weekend.
This is just a quick update to let you know that I have just added some new items to my blog sale, mostly clothes, and reduced the prices of almost everything else! If you want to see what I have for sale, click here, or visit the ‘Blog Sale’ tab above. If anything takes your fancy you can either comment on the post or email email@example.com.
I was recently contacted about a really fun fashion competition, which is being run by New Look and Sparkle Fashion Blog and focuses on New Look’s new collection of fabulous jeans. As it happens, New Look is one of the only shops on the high street where I can buy jeans as I am 5’10” and they actually make jeans long enough to fit me, so I jumped at the chance of entering! After all, the grand prize is £200 and a pair of jeans, and a pair of jeans for nine runners up! The idea of the competition is to create an outfit for any occasion using items from the New Look online store, with a pair of sexy jeans as the centrepiece. Once you’ve decided on your items you then need to blog your look and finalise your entry on this Sparkle Fashion Blog post.
As I’ve mentioned before, Autumn is my favourite time of year. I love the gorgeous colours, the sharp coldness of the Autumn sun, and the massive amount of fun that can be had, especially on Halloween and Bonfire Night! As such, I decided to put together a seasonal outfit which would be suitable to wear on Bonfire Night, whilst standing in a dark field or garden, warming yourself next to the flames whilst watching fireworks and eating jacket potatoes and toffee apples. My idea of a happy Autumn evening Here is what I came up with…
Shop this Look:
So far this Autumn I have lived in skinny jeans, so the obvious choice of jeans for me was this skinny pair in my favourite colour. I absolutely adore the deep plum shade and I’d love a pair for myself! I chose the simple black knitted jumper to go with the jeans so that it wouldn’t detract from them, but compliment them with the matching purple striped sleeves. I actually tried this very jumper on a few weeks ago and it’s so snuggly and well-fitting – perfect for a chilly night spent outside.
As a nod towards this season’s trend for all things Gothic, I added the stunning skull print scarf, and for extra warmth and to pick up on the turquoise shade running through the scarf I included the knitted hat. Purple and turquoise are two of my favourite colours and I love to wear them together – I think they compliment rather than clash, and they make for a fun combination!
Bonfire Night often involves standing in a soggy field or garden, so I thought a pair of wellies would be ideal footwear for this look. I found this amazing pair of Biker Wellies on New Look’s website which transform the typical frumpy welly into something a little more chic. I really like how they look like boots so can be dressed up, and they add an extra hint of Gothic on top of the scarf.
Last but not least, for an extra splash of colour and glamour, I chose a beautifully bright Jade nail polish for the finishing touch which I think rounds the outfit off nicely.
I hope you like my entry! If you’d like to enter yourself, you can find out how here. You can also follow the competition and all the entries on Twitter using the #DenimComp hashtag!
Good luck and fingers crossed!
I’ve been on a bit of a spending ban lately (mainly out of necessity!) but I’ve still managed to acquire quite a few bits and bobs! Admittedly, most of them have been freebies… They seem to be coming at me from all angles at the minute and, hey, I’m not complaining 😀 Here are some pictures of all my new stuff…
- Being one of my absolute essentials, I bought a couple more pots of Avon Care Renewing Moisture Firming Face Cream as they were on offer for 99p to all Reps!
- The Lip Gloss is from the Glazewear Sparkle range, in the amazing purple shade of ‘Violetta Sparkle’. This was in the clearance section for just £2.00 and I am SO disappointed that it has been discontinued as it is gorgeous. I don’t usually wear dark lip colours but this looks really lovely on, lasts for ages and moisturises your lips nicely. It is full of micro-glitter too for added twinkle!
- The foundation is Avon’s Ideal Shade Cream to Powder Foundation in ‘Ivory’. I already have this a shade darker but I have quite a pale complexion so this is more suited to my skin.
- The little tube on the end is my go-to concealer, Colortrend Perfect and Hide Concealer in ‘Light’.
- The Dermatological Cotton Gloves were £1.85 from eBay. I’m trying my damn hardest to sort out the dry skin on my hands and these will be my next experiment!
- The Star Gazer Nail Varnishin the middle was a little present from my dad whilst we were out shopping yesterday. It was £1.25 from a local hippy shop, and is black with silver glitter. I have swatched this and will be reviewing it tomorrow!
- Again, I bought the Vaseline Healthy Hand & Nail Conditioning Lotion in order to sort out my hands and nails. It was £2.62 in Wilkinsons, which is a lot cheaper than anywhere else! Also, the small 50ml tube of this was £2.48 so you’re getting a bargain for the price.
- I bought the Daisy Belts at the bottom of the photograph yesterday from New Look, and they were on offer… £3.00, down from £4.99. Bargain!
- I was handed a full sized packet of new Andrex Washlets in the local shopping centre recently. I then joined the Andrex Clean Campaign via Facebook and ended up winning 3 prizes! My Dirty Works Shower Gel and Kleenex Make Up Remover Wipes are yet to arrive, but the bottle of Fenjal Creme Bath Oil that you can see was one of my prizes
- The Decleor Aroma Cleanse with Cloth is my favourite freebie of recent weeks. To get one, all you had to do was share their link on Facebook and then email them your address. I did that and received the sample a couple of days later. The tube is a generously sized 15ml and I was surprised to receive the cloth too. Facebook really is the place for free stuff, it would seem!
- I was also sent a sample of Garnier’s BB Cream, a half sized tube ofSensodyne Rapid Relief anda 3 day trial of Nivea Q10 Pore Refining Day Cream. I’ve also been sent samples of other foundations, moisturisers and BB creams lately but I can’t find them at the minute!
I hope you’ve all had a great week!